Thursday, June 07, 2007

It has been a long, cool month

There are many things I've not put down in words over the past month, and many things that I can't remember right now. But I'll do what I can.

I'm officially off holidays after 6 long months, which also means my time with Riverlife Kindy has ended, but I've started some place else. Well, I'm currently into week 2 of school and so far, it's been good :) Even though half my subjects are new to me, I've been coping considerably well. I thank God for a great bunch of friends who have started to make differences in both school and in my life.


You might recognise one of them, she's the first friend I knew even before I started school. On the left's Maggie! Her face has been seen on television, commercials and advertisements all over Singapore and I get to see her everyday. It has been really great just getting to know her better than before, and seeing her still stand firm in her pursuit for Christ :)

And on the right's Stacie! This crazy 'hip hip' girl sits beside me and keeps cracking me up in lessons. Okay, not just lessons, she cracks me up anywhere :) She's catholic and she sings for her church choir, (and occasionally, on the weekends, KTV too) haha!


Chui Mei's on the left, who is living a life for Christ too! Talking to her brings me back to fellowship. It's truly sharing lives together.

And on the right is my International friend, Eric, he's from Vietnam. But guess what, he's also living his life for Jesus Christ :)
(PS. Stacie simply couldn't keep her fingers out of the photo.)

God is amazing. He brought Christian friends into my life to help me by in school. Of course, that doesn't eliminate reaching out. It simply means, I'm not doing it alone :)

And there's Christopher, whom I've not taken a photo with just yet but he's from Malaysia and he's real friendly!

So school life's been pretty much enjoyable with this bunch of friends :) And I'm the baby of the group, because they are all older by a year or two. But you know what, God really is Good. He showed me again that He'll always be my Jehovah Jireh.

Megalife Leaders' Camp took place over the weekend, from 03-05 June at Sentosa and even though I couldn't stay for the entire camp, it left me with challenges - It left me, at a new starting point with God. I had a lot of fun watching my fellow leaders let loose their spirits when they were playing games at the beach. It was hilarious, I must say :) Maybe pictures would show more!





The reason why I embarrass the guys is because I refuse to embarrass the girls :p But all in all they really had fun, and I know that the leaders of Megalife have taken a step up and forward :) And all these photos show Megalife Leaders in the most happy and, wet state:


With all the fun and excitement that we carried with us through the camp, nothing beat God's presence and work that He did in us as individuals and as a minstry. I can't go on, because this is one of the times where words don't and can't fill the empty blanks and spaces - God does and says it all.

And again, I was thrown into a dry, unfeeling part of my heart. I stood there, not knowing what I could say, what I could do. But I was desperate enough to have cried out to God, in hope He would hear me - And I know He did. Sometimes, we either overlook or are unable to see that we're set apart, you know? God didn't call us to be his disciples for no odd reason. He had a purpose. And that goes for leadership.

I'll leave the issues to God to surface and deal with, but I won't stop wrestling with Him.

Thank you to all who made me smile so much more in camp :) I thank God for a church, a ministry and a leadership that supports and burns together, in unity.

Now's not a time to hide or shy away into a hole. Now's the time to run into The Secret Place.

And I don't know why, but something's prompting me in the spirit to say, I'm sorry. To whom, I don't know. But if you needed to hear that from me, then, please accept this.

Boom, time suddenly doesn't seem so important when God comes into the picture. You just want to stay in His presence, you refuse to leave. And that's what I call persistance, the refusal to step off the spiritual ice.

In their eyes, I saw something unfamiliar, but something painful. I won't and can't understand now, but I think I will - I think I will someday.

Here's a verse that spoke so deep to my heart at Area Gathering when I was in Secondary 2 or 3:

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

And here's a deep desire, Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

What would people see if your heart was laid open like a blueprint? More importantly, what would God find in your heart if it was laid open, completely bare and naked?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home